Monday, July 7, 2008

An all-too eventful journey

I should begin by saying that we all arrived here safe and sound and with only minor mishaps. Where to begin...well I'll speak for myself first. Not only did I have interesting travels, but I met many interesting people along the way, like the disgruntled German woman on the bus to the airport that swore the bus driver stole her money, and then there was the Korean man with touretts at the airport who had a tic and kept repeatedly shouting out "hai" or something like that. Then there was my favorite, the stereotypical Texan on the plane. He was loud, rude, and all around obnoxious. My favorite moment was when he was sitting there reading Maxim next to his teenage daugther. Classy.

All of these delightful encounters only added to the fun of the actual travleing. So when I arrived at BWI for my first flight, I realized that I had less than an hour to make my second flight out of Philly. Fortunately, I was able to talk to John, who was on the same flight out of Philly so he knew I would be calling it close, but we failed to communicate well enough about where we would be meeting. Once I landed I had about 30 min to make it to my gate-for those of you who know the Philly airport I exited my first plane at the very end of the F terminal and my flight to Stockholm departed from the very end of the A terminal-and I was able to catch a shuttle with no problem. Unfortunately, John decided he would meet me in the F terminal, but I cruised right out of the gate to the shuttle and we missed each other. When I arrived to the A terminal, John was no where to be found. I must have looked crazy because I circled the waiting area about 3 times. I was near a heart attack when almost everyone had boarded the plane and there was still no sign of John, but just as I had to board he came running down to the gate. Crisis averted. The rest of the flight was pretty un-eventful, which was a welcom break.

No comments: